This guest post comes courtesy of our partner, FIT4MOM, whose mission is to bring exercise and support to moms all around the country.
Ahhh, motherhood. Sweet, sweet motherhood. Behind the lack of sleep and momnesia, there’s so much beauty within everyday moments and memories. It’s no secret our littles grow way too fast and suddenly turn into 2 and 3-year-olds who seem to be going on 13…whether it’s getting through a new growth spurt, a new bedtime routine, beginning potty training, enrolling in preschool, or the little cherub who decided it’s a good idea to phase out of naps at 2 ½…we get it. The list of questions on howdoisurvivethis grow. We’ve been there. We feel for you. We support you. And the daily or weekly glass of wine or workout that gets you through the ups and downs. With that, here’s our round-up of how you know you’re a mama to a toddler, and the firecracker that they are.
1. You soon learn that Legos are your worst nightmare, and you fear stepping on one more than you fear stepping on a bee.
2. You’re lucky if you (ever) get anywhere on time, which is basically a half hour late according to the mom clock.
3. You traded designer handbags for grab-and-go-rough-and-tough durable bags back in the infant days, and make sure those mini suitcases are filled with wipes and snacks – at ALL times. Because Lord help you if you head out for errands and forget snacks for the hangry monster that will appear out of nowhere; even if they ate all their breakfast!
4. You basically do not own any white or nice item of clothing, because what’s the point? The risk of every and all kinds of stains will find their way right to you – smears of any kind have become a dangerous look to any wardrobe these days.
5. Speaking of stains – forget only packing a change of clothes for your mini. You probably keep a spare set of clothing (and if you don’t, you should) in your car since toddlers are basically little drunk people who are a liability to any outfit.
6. When you get in someone’s car who doesn’t have kids, you’re literally shocked at how clean it is. “Is this brand new? It looks so clean and smells so nice.” “No, Mama, it’s like four years old…..” Wait, what? Cars can look this clean when they’re not fresh off the lot? Mind. Blown.
7. You might think you’re the boss, but you’re definitely not. Your toddler is the king or queen of your castle, and won’t let you forget it.
For the rest of the list, view the full article on FIT4MOM’s Blog here.
By providing classes and support for moms in every stage of motherhood, FIT4MOM is dedicated to the Strength In Motherhood™. Through FIT4BABY’s prenatal fitness classes, Stroller Strides, Body Back, and Our Village, women have the opportunity to have a workout and support that is flexible around motherhood. Find your nearest FIT4MOM location here. Check out their Instagram @fit_4_mom here and follow Shelley Hopper on Instagram @saltysweetseasons here.
The content provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is not recommended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem without consulting a qualified healthcare professional. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare professional regarding any medical questions or concerns. See additional information.